Thursday 19 May 2016

Banana Bread


Over the years, I have been trying to recreate the banana bread that I love to eat back home. My mother buys them at the weekly night market and we'd finish it a loaf in one sitting! Although it is called bread, to me it eats like a cake more than bread.  This recipe is nearest to what I remember. The difference perhaps is due different type of banana available here. Anyway, I am more than happy to use this as my go-to recipe going forward.

Banana Bread
via PanlasangPinoy

Ingredients
1½ cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp teaspoon salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup banana, mashed
1 cup sugar2 raw eggs
½ cup cooking oil
1 tsp vanilla extract

Method
  1. Combine all the dry ingredients starting with the flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda.
  2. Mix the dry ingredients thoroughly until everything is evenly distributed.
  3. Add the other ingredients (eggs, mashed bananas, cooking oil, vanilla extract ) then mix well with the dry ingredients until a batter is formed.
  4. Grease the loaf pan and pour-in the mixture.
  5. Preheat oven at 180˙c then bake the mixture for around an hour.
  6. Remove from loaf pan from the oven then allow to cool down.
  7. serve warm or room temperature.